lørdag den 15. november 2008

I interviewed author and illustrator of GOODNIGHT BUSH!

51l0sjkr5yl_ss500_
I just came back from the book release party for Goodnight Bush in San Francisco. My friend Gan Golan, is the co-author and illustrator of the book, along with Erich Origen. Gan is also in my new book, Reproduce & Revolt. I'm super proud of their fabulous book because it has been received with great acclaim, and has even made it to the New York Times Best Seller List. GOODNIGHT BUSH: An Unauthorized Parody is a hilarious visual requiem for the Bush administration. It's based on the children's book, Goodnight Moon, originally published in 1947, one year after George W. Bush was born.

Earlier this week, I interviewed Gan on KPFA Hardknock Radio. Check out this rad interview. I ask Gan about his inspiration for the book, why it is that they chose the parody format, and what it means for this book to be so well received by readers in the United States. He says, "It's really the story about waking up, so that you are not lulled to sleep by all of this propaganda."

You can hear the interview by clicking here, be sure to advance to minute 35:47. It's after about 35 minutes into the show.

Pics from the opening which took place tonight at Red Hill Books in San Francisco.

Img_6702_2
Gan on the left, Dick Cheney (I mean - Erich!) on the right

Img_6710

Img_6719
The party was catered by Gan's sister, Yasmin. I am on the right.

Ingen kommentarer: